In this article we have provided JAIIB Mcq With Answers Pdf. There are 30 Mcq in this JAIIB Mcq With Answers Pdf. This JAIIB Principles and Practices of Banking Pdf will help candidates to practice for their upcoming exams. JAIIB Principles and Practices of Banking Pdf are essential for candidates to practice and solve the paper to get confidant about the upcoming exam. JAIIB Multiple Choice Questions Pdf will not only help you in the exams with time management but also with some of the repeated questions which will help you with the few marks which can lead to extra scores…!!!
JAIIB stands for Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers.
JAIIB Principles and Practices of Banking Pdf
JAIIB Mcq With Answers Pdf
1. The major quantitative monetary tool available with the RBI is ______?
(a) Rationing of credit
(b) Regulation of consumer credit
(c) Margin requirements
(d) Reserve ratio requirements
2. The role of promotion in marketing is based on ______?
(a) Persuasion seeks to bring about a change in attitude.
(b) Reminding seeks to remind the customers about the offerings for retaining their business.
(c) Reinforcing aims at reinforcing the customer’s satisfaction for increasing the number of habitual customers.
(d) All of the Above
3. Universal Bank has granted a cash credit limit of Rs.10 lac to M/s Kala traders, a partnership firm. The account is showing a debit balance of Rs.9.50 lac when the notice is received about the insolvency of one of the partners, which among the following steps should be initiated by the Bank to safeguard its interest?
(a) Account should be recalled and party be asked to adjust to adjust the account
(b) Operations in the account to be stopped and balance confirmation letter to be obtained from all the partners
(c) Operations in the account to be stopped and notice of demand to be issued on the remaining partners
(d) Notice about the outstanding dues to be sent to the official assignee in whom the estate of the insolvent partner has been vested
(e) C and d above
4. A partnership firm of XY & Z has been adjudged insolvent and its loan account is showing a debit balance of Rs.3 lac. Its partner Y is having a saving bank account in which there is a balance of Rs.1.50 lacs. Find out the correct answer?
(a) The balance in partner’s account cannot be utilized for payment of dues of an insolvent firm
(b) The balance in partner’s personal account cannot be utilized as that balance belongs to official assignee
(c) The balance in partner’s account can be utilised by exercising the right of set off due to his joint and several liability
(d) The balance can be utilized before it is objected to by the partner
(e) Any of the above
5. Banking operations in India are governed mainly by _______ Act and ______ Act and the regulator of banks _____?
(a) Banking Regulation Act, NI Act, RBI
(b) RBI Act, NI Act, RBI
(c) Banking Regulation Act, RBI Act, RBI
(d) Banking Regulation Act, RBI Act, SEBI
6. Person to whom Power of Attorney is given is called ______ and who gives it, is called ______?
7. Banking Codes and Standards Board of India, has been constituted as a ______?
(a) Joint stock company
(d) Partnership firm
8. Computerization in Banks can bring improvement in the area of ______? (A) customer service (B) housekeeping (C) decision making (D) productivity
(a) A, B and C only
(b) B, C and D only
(c) A, C and D only
(d) A to D all
9. When banks deal with a large number of individual customers for deposits as well as loans (liabilities and assets). This is called _____ banking?
(a) Narrow banking
(b) Retail banking
(c) Universal banking
(d) Wholesale banking
10. Which of the following statements is not correct in the context of acceptance of deposits from the public?
(a) Banks are authorized u/s 49 A of Banking Regulation Act
(b) Saving bank schemes of the Govt. are exempted from the restriction imposed on acceptance of deposits from public other than by banks
(c) NBFC can accept deposits under directions issued by RBI under chapter IIIB of RBI Act
(d) Other companies are regulated by RBI and SEBI under rules u/s 58A of Companies Act.
11. An MSE unit with projected turnover of Rs.30 lacs, approaches your branch for sanction of working capital limits. What will be the minimum amount of working capital and margin to be assessed for this firm?
(a) Rs.6 lac, 0.5 lac
(b) Rs.1.50 lac, 6 lac
(c) Rs.15 lac, 2.0 lac
(d) Rs.7.50 lac, 1.50 lac
12. Banking Codes and Standards Board of India, has been constituted on the recommendations of ______?
(a) Parikh Committee
(b) Goiporia Committee
(c) Tarapore Committee
(d) Kapoor Committee
13. A _____ is a type of transferable financial instrument which is traded at the local stock exchange of a country but represents a security (usually, in the form of equity) which is issued by a foreign publicly listed company?
(a) American Depository receipt
(b) Depository Receipt
(c) Global Depository Receipt
(d) Foreign Convertible Bonds
14. The Right of Lien refers to _____?
(a) Right of the Debtor to forego the securities
(b) Right of the Creditor to sell securities of the debtor
(c) Right of the Creditor to retain possession of securities belonging to debtor
(d) Right of the debtor to pledge the securities
15. For foreign banks, which of the following targets is to be compulsorily achieved?
(a) Overall – 40% of ANBC
(b) Micro & small enterprises – 10% of ANBC
(c) Export credit outstandings – 12% of ANBC
(d) All the above
16. What is the target for MSE advances within priority sector loans?
(a) 5% of ANBC
(b) 7.5% of ANBC
(c) 8% of ANBC
(d) 10% of ANBC
17. Difference between interest earned and interest paid is called ______?
(a) Gross Interest Income
(b) Paid Interest Income
(c) Free Interest Income
(d) Net Interest Income
18. Recently RBI advised the banks to reduce the Net Interest Margin comedown to see the double digit growth. What is meant by it ____?
(a) Banks accept the deposits at high rate of interest and lend at higher rate of interest
(b) Banks accept the deposits at high rate of interest and lend at no rate of interest
(c) Banks accept the deposits at high rate of interest and lend at lower rate than the present rates
(d) Banks accept the deposits at lower rate of interest and lend at higher rate
19. In the context of Nayak Committee’s turnover for working capital calculation, which of the following is correct?
(a) Working capital=maximum 25% of the projected sales
(b) Bank limit=maximum 20% of the projected sales
c) Borrower’s margin =5% of the projected sales
(d) If borrower has higher margin, the bank limit has to be at a minimum of 20% of projected sales
20. Which of the following is not a feature of a stand-alone computer system _____?
(a) It can be used by one person at a time and is called workstation
(b) It is not suitable for multi-user environment
(c) It can be connected to an existing multi user system to access corporate database
(d) None of the above
21. As per the reports published in the newspapers, the banks, particularly public sector banks are tying up with various Rating Agencies for providing a qualitative assessment of the credit needs of the borrowers. Which amongst the following is/are such credit rating agencies in India?1. CARE 2. CRISIL 3. ARCIL
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) All 1, 2 and 3
22. The provisions in respect of removal on ceiling on borrowing powers of the Board of a Public Limited Company or subsidiary of a Public Limited Company, are given in Section _______ of the Companies Act, 2013?
23. Which of the following is helping the banking system in sharing the information about the credit history of households?
(a) Banking codes and standard Board of India
(b) Credit Information Bureau India Limited
(d) All the above
24. Which of the following is not an advantage of the multi-user computer system through networking?
(a) Corporate level information is available at one place
(b) Costly hardware cannot be shared between various user due to which it is not effective
(c) Information can be shared easily between various users
(d) Computing resources can be used economically by processing the high volume data
25. Other than banks, the deposits can be accepted by non-bank entities. Which of the following does not match with regard to regulation authority for such deposits?
(a) Non-bank finance companies – RBI direction
(b) Normal companies – Central Govt. Rules
(c) Joint stock companies – SEBI
(d) Individuals, firms & other incorporated bodies – not allowed to accepted deposits except from friends/ relatives
26. A micro enterprise having sales of Rs.36 lac and Rs.50 lac for the last two years respectively has projected Sales of Rs.60 lac and wants to have a bank limit enhanced from existing Rs.8 lac to Rs.11 lac. What amount of limit can be sanctioned and what is the margin requirement?
(a) Limit Rs.10 lac, margin Rs.2.50 lac
(b) Limit Rs.12 lac, margin Rs.3.00 lac
(c) Limit Rs.12 lac, margin Rs.5.00 lac
(d) Limit Rs.15 lac, margin Rs.2.50 lac
27. Computers manipulate data in many ways, and this manipulation is called _______?
28. A Depository Receipt (DR) is a type of ______?
(a) negotiable (transferable) financial instrument that is traded on a local stock exchange of a country but represents a security, usually in the form of equity that is issued by a foreign publicly listed company.
(b) negotiable (transferable) financial instrument that is traded on a stock exchange of a foreign country but represents a security, usually in the form of equity that is issued by a foreign publicly listed company.
(c) negotiable (transferable) financial instrument that is traded on a local stock exchange of a country but represents a security, usually in the form of equity that is issued by a local publicly listed company.
(d) Receipt given by a depository participant of a depository.
29. The ______ are the rules for communication between similar modules of processes, usually in different nodes?
30. A computer network spread over a span of a large geographical area that normally uses a telecommunication network is called ______?
(a) geographical network
(b) large area network
(c) wide area network
(d) local area network
Share the quiz to show your results !
Subscribe to see your results
I got %%score%% of %%total%% right
JAIIB Principles and Practices of Banking Questions with Answers Pdf
“No one can become really educated without having pursued some study in which he took no interest- for it is a part of education to learn to interest ourselves in subjects for which we have no aptitude.”
FOR MORE FREE BANKING AND DIFFERENT COMPEITITIVE EXAMS VISIT (MOCKTEST BOOK)
Thankyou for visiting Cet MockTest
Cet MockTest is Created to Help Students who are preparing for Any Entrance Exams in India. We Provide Free Mock Test for students who are willing to prepare for Any Goverment Entrance Exam or Any competitive Exams. We Select Important Questions from Previous Year Paper and Make a Possible Set of Important Questions which can be repeated In Exams. With the help of these Free Mock Test Students Can Practice for their upcoming Competitive Exams.